REACH Program Overview
The REACH Mission
REACH is dedicated to providing professional, compassionate care to survivors of sexual violence and to working toward creating a community in which sexual violence is no longer tolerated.
24-Hour Confidential Hotline:
Sexual violence is a crime of violence, power, and humiliation. Although every individual is unique and each experiences and responds to the aftermath in distinctive ways, there is one common denominator – the impact is devastating.
Sexual violence changes the way the survivor views herself*, others, and the world, in general. The process of recovery and healing is an intense emotional struggle to regain a sense of control, independence, safety, trust, respect of self and others, and self-worth, among many others. Some of the feelings one may be experiencing are:
Because many do not talk about the experience to anyone, survivors
are often left to suffer through the trauma alone. Our role is to provide services throughout the healing process.
*Victims of sexual violence include males and females. However, for convenience, the feminine pronoun is used here.
- 24-hour Rape Crisis Hotline and Emergency Room Accompaniment
- Advocacy Services
- Follow-up Supportive Counseling
- Education Programs
- Professional Training Programs
- Volunteer Program
All services are free and confidential.
If you have been victimized:
- Go to a safe place.
- Preserve evidence in plain paper bags in case you decide to report the crime.
- Do not shower, douche, eat, drink, brush teeth, or change clothes.
- Seek medical care even if you choose to not report the crime. It is important to treat any physical injuries and to assess the risk of exposure to sexually
transmitted infections and the possibility of pregnancy. Evidence may be collected regardless of whether you report to law enforcement.
- If you choose to report the crime, contact law enforcement as soon as possible.
- Consider contacting REACH. We can guide you through the healing process and help you reclaim your life.
Be kind to yourself. If you survived, you did everything right!